Sunday, January 22, 2006
To Be(ad) or not to Be(ad) - That was the question!
I got these fabulous letters that look like they came from a small scrabble board, thinking they would be great beads. I sat down tonight, to start putting them on Wabi Sabi, and after much searching around, and changing the light, I discovered there weren't any holes! That's what I get for buying stuff in the scrapbooking section, I guess. I just got so excited to find the tiles in the right color and size! No holes? That didn't stop ME! I just pulled out the old drill and fixed them, that's what I did!
And here's what I did with some of that pile of fiber I posted the other day. Just a small bit of it, though. I usually make a Sulky Solvable sandwich, but this time, I wanted the end product to be really soft and maybe even frazzled looking. So I used Bo Nash and I quite like the results. Bo Nash is a powdered fusible product. It is sometimes advertised on television to mend plastics and denims. Makes a nice adhesive, I gotta admit.
The sparkle in the "hair" is Angelina fibers, one of my favorites. A tiny bit goes a long way, too! I think if the picture is clicked, a much larger and closer view of the fiber is available.
Monday finds me driving cross town with Mother to the ear specialist, and then I the wee boy will be with us through lunch. Watch out in the afternoon, though. I'll be driving the sewing machine!