Search This Blog

Monday, January 09, 2006

Home again, home again!


We are back, well rested and raring to start a healthy New Year.

I haven't downloaded any of the pictures. Why? Well, we got a new camera while on St. Marten, shopping for produce, and I still haven't been brave enough yet to see how it functions in a download. I only had two pictures on the old camera, and this is one of them. And then - I also got a new iMac for Christmas!!! A new 20" screen iMac G5! So, I've been getting it set up, along with the wireless mouse and keyboard. Then I had to move my little iMac to K's office, so now he is officially a Mac-ite too! On top of that, he wanted me to set up a wireless hub so he could use his laptop upstairs or in the hearthroom.

I started on that stupid escapade about 1:00 PM today, and finally pushed it all back to the starting point at 6:30 PM. That is to say, after two hours with Rashid who was in southern India, or at least, that's what I think I understood. After the last time he had me do the same thing again for the 10th time, I suggested that I just stop and call someone locally. This is NetGear. Blecchhh! The time it said on the package was that it would only take about 20 minutes. Yeah, right!

And then, I backed out everything, redid my Lynksys router, and voila! NOTHING! NADA! No web connection at all! So then it was another 2 hours on the phone with our local ISP, Time Warner, Roadrunner. At least this time, it was Michelle from Canada who could laugh with me as I crawled along the floor with Clyde sitting on my back, and Bonnie meowing at my knees, wondering why mom was in "their" territory. Turns out that the Netgear had totally eliminated all my settings, and reset them with gibberish. So much so, I had to reset the cable modem, reset the Lynksys modem, and they had to reset everything at their end like I was a new customer. Of course, all this time, we were without telephone service too.

Now, ask me if we are going to have a wireless hub or not? Hmmmmm?

OK, enough whining about that!

I weighed myself this am, and I see that I haven't gained any weight on the trip. Yahoo! Tomorrow, I start back at the gym, and today I was back on my 1300 cal meal plan. Our little Stephen came over this afternoon before his nap, bursting through the door on his own two feet! Little booger started walking while we were gone. Did he want his Oma? Nope...just went straight to Pa with his arms out and laughing all the way. So cute to see.

So tomorrow after the gym, I am going to tackle the new camera for pictures to download, and start putting Christmas decorations away. I guess I missed the "nice weather" window yesterday and today to put away the outside wreaths, as they are calling for snow, starting sometime in the o'dark hours of the morning. I also want to get my thank you cards written and in the mail. When ALL that stuff is done, I am going to SEW SEW SEW!!!!

5 comments:

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Welcome home! I'm glad you had a great time, and sorry about the computer problems. I hate having to deal with tech people in India. I know they do their best, but so hard to understand!

The tan feet pic is great, looking foward to seeing more!

Bonnie

Finn said...

Hi Sharon, welcome home! Will be good to have you back in the saddle, sewing..*VBS* AND, thanks for that suggestion about the tree skirt made from the mystery quilt..I like that idea. The more I think about it, the more tempted I am. Leave it square just do the divide and open..*VBG* Works for me!!

P.S. Great job on NO weight gained, that impressive!!!

Tonya Ricucci said...

Welcome back. Sorry about the computer misery but congrats on the no gain.

Holly said...

Welcome back, Sharon. Your trip sounded wonderful.

Darcie said...

That is a cool pic, Sharon! It shows your fun and adventurous *soul.*