|Ms. Bonnie anchoring 5 yds to wrap!|
I don't remember working on this quilt at all, and come to find out, I was out of town when they all did it. But, here's what I think went wrong with it after the blocks were completed. The blocks are a weird size: 9" X 13" and in order to make to fit anything, Vicky (with the advice of the other Babes) added a wide vertical sashing. Before I finished taking it all apart, I remembered to take a picture of part of the blocks with the original sashing.
|5" vertical sashings.|
|New 1.5" sashings|
|Straight 3" sashing|
|Now with a cornerstone|
Look hard, and you will see the one that I tried on for size and style before making a gagillion of them. Now, this quilt is well on it's way to being completed again, and hopefully it will be to my quilter within the week.
I've been going to a deep water cardio-blast class in the early mornings for the last 9 months, and this week, the pool has been closed for cleaning. Instead one of the gals in the class invited us to swim off her dock at Lake Winnebago about 10 minutes from home. I am not in this picture, but that doesn't mean I didn't brave the water. I usually don't get in water that I can't see what's in there with me, but with these brave girlfriends, I figure I can do just about anything!