- Birthdays are "assigned" at the beginning of a calendar year when all our stitch dates are set.
- There can only be one birthday stitch day per month.
- Your Amazing Quilt Babes birthday may or may not fall in the same month as your REAL birthday.
- The birthday girl brings her project, cut, marked, and ready to sew by 9AM on the assigned date.
- The birthday girl brings a dessert for lunch (chocolate is usually involved).
- The other Babes bring sack lunches, sewing machines, cutting tools and sew until 3PM or 4PM.
No one really wanted to know the numbers, but all in all, I think we did a FINE job. We only got 18 blocks sewn together, but all the HSTs were completed (not quite all pressed and trimmed). And we are SICK, SICK, SICK of HSTs! So those numbers?
She needed 80 blocks. Each block contained 10 HSTs. That's 810 HSTs. The method we used required each HST to be handled 6 times (cut, marked, sewn, cut apart, pressed, trimmed). That's 4,860 times those HSTs were handled by us! No wonder we only got 18 if the 80 blocks needed complete!
Here we are: The Amazing Quilt Babes
Sharon, Carol with Daisy the puppy, Shirlee, Vicky, Ibby
I think this group is pretty wonderful! They are my best friends, my quilting buddies, my "go to" people! I hope everyone has some people like this in their life!