Search This Blog

Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to one and all!

This morning when I took the puppy outside, I saw the last of this year's Blue Moon. We won't see another one, you know until 2012, so I felt especially blessed to see it shining so beautifully through the wispy clouds when I went out in the cold, crisp air.

On Wednesday, I was contacted by Duschene Clinic (part of Caritas Clinics) to ask about a quilt for their fundraiser in January. A little short notice ... but ... I was happy to have this quilt on hand to offer. This quilt is a bit lighter than the picture shows, and it's more of a shabby chic colorway. A sampler is always fun to make, and I really like the garden path sashing. Their pancake breakfast is going to be held on January 31 in Leavenworth, KS so if you are anywhere near, check it out, so you can help!

You may have noticed that I've added something new to my sidebar. I am going to try very hard this year to work primarily from my stash. I've done pretty good at this over the last few years, but I never tracked it. Now, I can do that easily with the ticker located on the right side of this blog. You'll see I'm in the "weeds" at the moment, but very, very soon, I hope to be able to make a good report to start out the new year right!

I don't make resolutions for the New Year, but this year, I am promising myself to keep smiling, keep quilting, and keep blogging. I think I can do all those! How about you?

No comments: