Search This Blog

Monday, April 17, 2006

So you think it's gotta go, do you?


I thought I could provide a good laugh today!

This has always been my favorite dress. It's so nice and soft; well worn denim. It's missing buttons, some of the buttons are sewn on with the wrong color thread; it's got chlorine stains on it. But I just love it! Loose, flowing, soft, and oh, so comfortable!

While I was weighing this morning, I was singing a happy little song because I broke a barrier that has been my goal for two weeks (one of the zero numbers, you know?) Hubby brought this dress to me and told me that it HAD TO GO - it was time!

I just couldn't believe I couldn't wear it anymore, so he had me take this picture as proof that it wasn't going to work! Hooray for the weight loss and change in sizes, but boo hoo for my dress! LOL! Two sizes down, and two more sizes down to go!

15 comments:

Ms. Jan said...

Way to go Sharon! I know you're working your buns off--literally!

ForestJane said...

Ohh, chop it up into squares and make a wall hanging of it... lol

Use some of Tonya's wonky letters along with squares of it, put your weight loss goal on it, then have a ceremonial burning of it when you get there.

And way to go on your loss! :)

Quiltgranny said...

Great idea, ForestJane! I have a friend who is making me a funky denim doll out of it, and I think I like your idea of doing the ceremonial burning of it when I'm there - maybe a silly wallhanging would be a good thing!

dot said...

Way to go.. What encouragement to me. I needed that today. It is easy to get discouraged with weight loss.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

Concratulations! And I love the idea of "forestjane".

Greetings from Germany
Aud

Finn said...

Just what I was thinking..don't let all of it disappear like those pounds..so glad it will be in a doll or some thing fabric!!

Congratulation on the milestone!! Yah you!!!!!! Hugs, Finn

Laura said...

Congratulations!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ladies, she's still got it, I found it hidden in the pantry on top of the freezer......
Can anyone help this poor girl?

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Hooray to you for losing weight...I just don't have the will power and I really wish I wasn't so heavy. I applaud you for losing 2 dress sizes and if that happened to me I'd gladly lose the dress.
Two down, two to go...way to go!!!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I'm so happy for you with the weight - I'm always fighting it, but I would cry at throwing away a favorite dress like that! I have such a hard time with that! It does look like the perfect dress!

tami said...

Way to go!! That's great.

Darcie said...

Hooray for the retiring of the denim!!!

I was at my daughters' school yesterday...and one of their teachers is so very crafty. She cuts denim things up into 1 1/4" strips...sews them onto burlap...and ta-da! A rug! (How's that for fast directions!)

Just a thought...looks like some great strips in that thar dress, Sharon!!!

Judy said...

Congrats on the goal! I know how hard it is to part with something so cozy. I have 25 year old cardigan sweater that isn't going anywhere!

I agree with the suggestions to use the fabric to make something... something nutty and cool.

Holly said...

Hooray, Sharon!!!!