Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Cutting Up!

Remember this?
I've worked on it more, and now I've decided that I just don't like it.  It doesn't sing to me.  It looks like spiders crawling through red and orange dust. So here's what I am going to do next:

I am going to CUT IT UP!!!  No, not really cut it totally up.  I am just going to make some of those "windows" I was trying to find out about last spring.  You'll just have to trust me.  I think this will work.  But just in case, send any of that quilting fairy dust my way and hold your breath.

News tomorrow!

2 comments:

Nellie's Needles said...

It was a good idea. I'm trying to figure out what there is about it that doesn't work. From what I see in the scale of the photos there may be too much of colored pieced squares ... making it too a solid. I think the two different strong pattern representing the leaves, free-form orts vs precise patches, may be fighting for visual attention.

I'm looking forward to seeing your next step after cutting it up. There a lot of good elements here, they're just not playing nicely together.

Unknown said...

You've got the knack, girl. Go for it!!