Search This Blog

Saturday, February 06, 2010

I'm Ready!

I'm finished with the binding on Cherries Jubilee!Yippeee! My goal was to be able to take it the guild meeting on Monday. So now, if the weather holds, I'll be at the show and tell, too!

I'm even READY for the guild workshop! It's being presented by Linda Everhart, Quilting Among Friends, using a technique called Fusique. I NEVER use fusibles unless I must, so this is going to be a first for me. I've chosen the sunflower pattern. When you finish, you actually have two quilts, so this is a good thing!

The first fabric bunch is for the Sunflower. You can see the pattern as well as my freezer paper template:
The second and third selections are for the reverse (shown in the lower left side of the pattern picture). I can't decide which to use, so I'll take both sets and see how my mood strikes me when it's time!

Let's hope we don't get more snow like we did on Friday! If it's like this, I WON'T go out anywhere. It was beautiful though!

This is what is on the deck right now as it began to be night time. Snow, snow, go away! It's pretty, but I don't want to play!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love that reverse sunflower plan and your fabrics are great. Hope the weather holds so you can complete the workshop and have show-n-tell at Cambria. Or is that snow-n-tell??! Did cherry baskets make it to guild meeting? Bet it was a smashing hit. It's lovely!