Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Now, for a little quilt show

After my Un-Birthday last week-end I ran out south about 45 minutes to take in a Fall quilt show. Without further ado, so can you! Welcome to a few of the Miami County Drag and Brag quilt show, 2009.

This was an interesting challenge piece. Notice the paint chips on the lower right? The guild member had to choose three paint chips corresponding to the three initials of their name. Then their project had to be made of those colors, and they could add only two others. They were all pretty wonderful!

I love the way the log cabins make the border rounds, don't you?

I would never have thought of putting all these together like this, but I truly love the looks of it!

Happy, happy, happy!

More beautiful applique
Batik Butterflies are always a favorite of everyone

I really liked the positive-negative effects of these colors!



Another one for my "scrap soup" to do list!

Applique to die for!

Wheel of Mystery


I think this one has to go in my "scrap soup" list, too!

Next Monday is my local guild meeting, and I am presenting a trunk show and giving a 6 minute circles class. So guess what's next on my agenda, today?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the virtual quilt show, Sharon. Loved all the quilts; that guild has some talent! Wish I could be at your trunk show. Maybe someone can take photos that you can add to your blog.

YankeeQuilter said...

Thanks for the mini quilt show...they do beautiful work there!

Teresa said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures from the quilt show. I just love the positive/negative daisies. Your basket quilt is wonderful. I would never have though of using the ricrac like you did on the handles, how creative you are and they look great!

Elly said...

The 'negative/positive' daisy quilt looks like ls member Joann Hudson's quilt.
THANK YOU for a delightful workshop and sharing 'some' of your quilts.

Beth said...

The Daisy quilt is similar to the Shadow Daisy by JoAnn Hudson. JoAnn's had a piano key border. I machine quilted it for her in 2003. Sharon, thanks for a great day of inspiration. I love to "see" how other quilters "think." Your trunk show was fabulous. And the workshop cleared up all those pesky questions I had for this method -- including the correct kind of glue! Now, if I can just find it!

Anonymous said...

Sharon, I am so sorry that all who read your blog couldn't be there for our quilt guild meeting. You --- and your quilts --were such a delight. They were inspiring and their stories will be in our memories. Joan