Search This Blog

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Another Quilt Show

Today was a surprisingly beautiful day here after several days of wind and cold and rain. The autumn colors have come out in full force, and the sun was shining quite nicely. So why not go to the Blue Valley Quilt Guild show? They had it in the Alexander Majors house and barn this year which was am interesting venue. Quite a few great vendors, and a lot of beautiful quilts. What could be better in October? Enjoy!

Blue Valley Quilt Guild (Overland Park, KS) banner.

Beautiful use of Taupe fabric.

A small friendship stitch group all worked on their own version of this Christmas quilt. No quilt is the same, but not all of them were completed yet.

I love the string of lights!

Close view of the blocks and the presents in the cornerstones.

Another one from the group.

This was a round robin where the only requirements (I believe) was to use Kaffe Fassett fabrics.

I really like the simplicity of the rectangles and the color choices here.

What a great baby quilt!!

This was most marvelous. I wish I could have seen it hanging!

This one was called Nuts and Bolts!

My favorite of the show

Isn't this just a gorgeous border treatment?

Perfect for a fall day.


Pattern from Ami Simms - the fringe was added because the batik binding bled (GASP!!)

The picture doesn't really do this justice. It was heavily quilted in the "bodies, so the bra part stood out, and the sand border was quilted in small bubbles that looked like grains of sand.

Interesting choice of colors.

One of Bonnie Hunter's free patterns - I think it's Tobacco Road.

And another of Bonnie's mystery quilt patterns - Orange crush.



4 comments:

floribunda said...

nice quilts, Sharon! I especially like that Kaffe round robin...

Dawn's Daily Journal said...

It's like candy for the soul looking at quilts, isn't it!!!
Thanks for the pics...now my fingers are itching to stitch!! hahahaa
hugs,
dawn

Unknown said...

Thanks for the virtual quilt show. Beautiful quilts and interestingly arranged in what looked like a home setting? When does one get over the urge to make every single quilt you see; no wonder I have all these UFOs. Nice Sunday afternoon show for me...TNX.

Carla said...

Hi, Sharon, It was so nice meeting you at the quilt show and finding out that you are friends with Bonnie Hunter who designed the mystery quilts that I entered. It was a surprise to look at your blog and see 3 of my quilts! Now I feel famous!!!
Piecefully,
Carla