Search This Blog

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Do you have the key?

Maybe I dreamed it. Maybe I thought it. I have no idea. What I do know is that I don't have a picture of it. Has anyone seen something like this:

A quilt that has a "picture" hole in it where there are quilted raw edge flaps folded back (and sometimes buttoned back). Where the flaps would have been (if left in place) is yet another quilted "picture" within. Some of them were straight edged (cut like and X) and some were curvy shaped.

I might have seen several of these small art quilts when I went to the Minnesota Quilt Guild's show last year in Rochester, MN. I didn't have my camera with me then, and that might be why I don't have pictures.

I'm looking for the technique to do this. I think I have something figured out, but if I could find a picture of one, or the actual instructions of how to do this, it would be great.