Search This Blog

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Christmas with my buddies

My buddies, Carolyn and Ibby and I went out on the town (Lawrence, KS, home of the Jayhawks) yesterday. We met around 9:30 AM, drove about 40 minutes away to Lawrence, and shopped and shopped, ate,shared our handmade Christmas presents with each other, then shopped, shopped and laughed a lot along the way. It was a great day! We all bought fabric at Sarah's, which is a wonderfully chock full of fabric store. We all found things we didn't know we needed at the other shops, and I actually bought a coat! We didn't get back to town until close to 6 PM, and I was exhausted. I had a light dinner with hubby and then went to bed to read (The Thunderbolt Kid by Bill Bryson). Hubby woke me up to go to sleep around 9 PM. LOL!

Here are the goodies we exchanged:
These are the 20" pillows I made for them. The lighting was bad, but you get the picture anyway! I added the sequins and beads since the wreath spaces seemed so big!



And these are my gifts from them! The sewing kit is from Carolyn. What is so funny is that I planned on making these last year for them out of wool, and I hate doing embroidery so they got put aside. Now, I don't have to make them, as I love the one Carolyn made for me. The fabric is from the Seaside Rose collection.




And doncha just love this pincushion from Ibby? It's wool work, and it looks just like Bonnie. It is now sitting in front of my Christmas quilt in the hearth room.

8 comments:

Angie said...

What a fun time it sounds like you three had!! :D The best kind of gift to yourself!! :) And those are awesome presents...love your pillows (are they from one of the Art to Heart books?), your sewing kit, and your wool "Miss Bonnie"!!

Judy said...

Fabulous presents and what a great time it sounds like you gals had on your day!

Ms. Jan said...

You girls always have so much fun together and are so prolific! Nice gifts!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

You sound more like your old self, Sharon. I'm glad you had this day of play. And the gifts -- both given and received -- are exquisite.

The Calico Cat said...

Love that sewing kit - you lucky girl!

Laura said...

Your friends sound like the best, you always do such fun stuff together! I love all your goodies!

Lucy said...

I love the kitty pinchushion. It is so great !

Quilts And Pieces said...

What wonderful gifts! I LOVE that sewing kit Carolyn made! You'll have to ask her what the pattern is - I NEED one!