Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Mojo Christmas to You!

I found it! I found it! All I needed to do was start baking and it showed up!
(Recipes are at the end of this posting as well as a quilt!)

I made 7 dozen One Cup Cookies and
4 dozen candy canes or peppermint patty cookies
and
1 pan of Cherry Bliss bars
They were all wrapped and delivered that evening for a little cheer to my neighbors before all their frazzled events began.

Then Hubby and I finished the decorations on the outside of the house, so we would be ready for my niece Carol and her family to arrive. (Stick with me - there IS a quilt!) In addition to the 24 wreaths with red bows hanging on the fencing around the house:
See the reindeer antlers? Do you remember the Locust thorn in my foot last year? At least I've found a use for them!

Then there is Hubby's childhood sled is at the front door:

The tree is decorated along with the stair garland in place.And at last we are ready for Christmas! Let the fun and quilts games begin!

My niece Carol and her family arrived Sunday for snacks between their bell ringing and scout activities. She was very close to my mother, and I thought she and her hubby would enjoy a quilt made from the embroidered squares my mom made before she passed away. Carol and Tom received a quilt from me as a wedding present, oh so many years ago, and it has worn out. So, it's time they have another, don't you think? Mayo the dog is pretty goofy with friends, but Carol's eyes lit up when she saw the quilt!




Merry Christmas!



Recipe: One Cup Cookies

Ingredients:
1 c. white sugar
q c. brown sugar
1 c. butter
1 c. oil
1 egg
1 c. Rice Krispies
1 c. Oatmeal
1 c. Choc chips
1 c. pecans
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
3.5 c. flour
1 tsp vanilla


Method:
Mix well, and drop by small spoonfuls (about the size of a walnut) on
a greased cookie sheet. Pat down to make a little flatter.

350 degrees about 8-10 minutes (mine took about 15).

Optional to add butterscotch or Peanut Butter chips.

Ingredients:
1/2 c. butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon red food color
1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy
1/2 cup granulated sugar


Method:
Heat oven to 375. Mix thoroughly butter, shortening, confectioners'
sugar, egg and flavorings. Blend in flour and salt. Divide dough in
half: blend food color into one half.

Shape 1 teaspoon dough form each half into 4 inch rope. For smooth,
even ropes, roll them back and forth on lightly floured board. Place
ropes side by side; press together lightly and twist. Complete cookies
one at a time. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Curve top down to form
handle of cane.

Bake about 9 min or until set and very light brown. Mix candy and
granulated sugar. Immediately sprinkle cookies with candy mixture;
remove from baking sheet.

About 4 dozen cookies.

I finally got tired of making the twists, so I just made patties
instead, put the peppermint pieces on top and baked them that way.

And the Cherry Bliss bars are from http://mennonitegirlscancook.blogspot.com/search?q=cranberry+bliss I changed the cranberries to dried cherries.

No comments: