Search This Blog

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving

I am thankful for a wonderful husband who takes me to Las Vegas to get away from it all! Here are a few views of the Bellagio Hotel from a different angle. The first two are from the balcony overlooking the Conservatory that is by the Spa. I spent most of my free time in the spa with specialized services that were fabulous!


And this picture is the high skylight just outside Sensei Restaurant where we had a tasty lunch.

We went to the Venetian to see the Phantom of the Opera. It was done so well, and we even had front row seats. The scenery, visual effects, the beautiful voices and great dancing made us both feel as if we had experienced something pretty special!

Last, this is a quilt I machine pieced using Judy Dales' methods in 2001. I call it Joy. It's a pretty good time to share it, I think!

9 comments:

Joyce said...

Love the curved piecing and beautiful colors too.

Meredith said...

I have that book but have yet to try anything from it. Yours turned out really nice.

CONNIE W said...

The curved piecing is very beautiful but it's not something I've ever tried.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

The photos are inspiring... the curved piecing is awesome!

Judy said...

Lucky Lady!! Glad you had a relaxing vaca!

Anonymous said...

This is my first time visiting your blog and I really love your work! This is beautiful and a lovely use of color. I'll stop by again sometime! Thanks for the great photo.
Allison
Oregon

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love your photos from the Bellagio - I took some at Opryland in Nashville last year that looked through the iron work into their waterfalls. Joy is beautiful!

Carol E. said...

I love this beautiful quilt. Well done!

Kyra said...

Lovely "joy"ful piece! Great colors!

Kyra
www.BlackThreads.blogspot.com