Search This Blog

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Time Warp

My goodness! Where has the time gone? Last time I was writing about Thanksgiving, and now it's almost Christmas. Would someone please stop the clock for a couple of days so I can get caught up?

The most exciting news is that one of my pieces, Phenomenal Woman/Inside Out was selected as one of ten pieces to hang in the State of Kansas Governor's office until April. AND mine hangs right beside the desk where she works.


You can see the all the pieces that were selected at the Kansas Art Quilters Web Site. I am quite honored to be sharing space with these talented artists!

I've been busy meeting some commitments I made a while back. I managed to get TWO sweatshirt jackets completed. The first jacket was for Linda, who is making a pair of merino wool hand knit socks for me as a trade. She doesn't like to sew, and I don't like to knit so this is a good trade, I think! I know she looked pretty happy with it on when I gave it to her on Monday!


The other was for some Christmas $$, and it was sent out yesterday to Texas for a Christmas gift from a daughter to her mother. I hope they like it as much as I do!


Of course, I couldn't sew these successfully without my little helper elf, Stephen. He thought he and and his alligator were going to sew, and he was so proud of himself! He loves the straight pins, and he tells me there is just a certain way they should be aligned in the pin cushion. He is quite good at handing me the pins I need, and he loved putting them back in the cushion as I was sewing, too. Now, whenever I sew by myself, I feel there is something magical missing!



5 comments:

Fabric Fanatic said...

Sharon I love your quilt that was chosen...and see why it was! Also, the quilted jacket you made for your friend is stunning. Good work. I could use the help of that little elf placing pins "just so" for you....mine are a mess.

antique quilter said...

Love the pictures, he is so cute and helpful!
Great sweatshirt jacket.
Kathie

Karrin Hurd said...

Congratulations on your Phenomenal Woman being chosen Sharon. That little helper you have is just too cute. I love the jackets!

Nellie's Needles said...

Welcome back.
Yeah! for having your quilt chosen to grace those walls. You make me want to play with sweatshirts, too. And your little helper is just too cute for words.

Carol E. said...

Hey you belong right in there with all those quilt artists. Your quilt rocks! your helper is adorable. Want to send him around the ring to share him with all of us?