Search This Blog

Monday, July 25, 2011

Finally here!

This has been a really, really, hard few weeks. Non-stop moving, up and down stairs, and the HEAT! Oh my, the HEAT! But all the moving in is over, and now the putting away continues.

As I am putting things away, I am discovering that I didn't get rid of enough things. Instead of cramming them somewhere, I am pricing them, re-wrapping them, and packaging them for our community garage sale in September. Now, I will be gone on my annual Gwen Marston quilt retreat then, so Hubby gets to take care of that. Since I handled the move while he was at Mayo for his annual review, I think that's only fair, don't you? LOL!

I don't have any pictures of the house since we moved in, but here are a few of them taken just after we signed the contract.
Front of the house
Back of the house with our screened in porch
We actually have both cars parked in the garage now, and the kitchen is just about complete. The bedroom and bath area is also just about finished. The guest room? Full of pictures, lamps and other assorted things I just don't need! The downstairs? Too full to walk through. I have a lot left to do! But, there's plenty of time in the world, and soon I will be able to sew again! Hooray!
The last quilt I posted was made from Hubby's shirts, and it was for his nephrologist at Mayo Clinic. Here's a picture of her with it, and from her phone call to me, I know she loved it. We will be going back this Wednesday for a small procedure, so I will get to see her in person.
Dr. Monico and "Shirt Tales"
That's it for now. I'll try to get some more pictures up in a few days, after we return from Rochester, MN.
This was the last sky picture from my old house the night before we left it. Even though we have a clear sky view, it's nothing like in the country. I have to honestly say this might be the ONLY thing I miss from the other place:)

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Congratulations and Good Luck in your new home, Sharon and Kevin! It is such a cute little house. It looks like, except for the basement, that it's all on one floor. I like that. BTW, Dr. Nephrologist's photo with quilt doesn't show up.

AuntieAllyn said...

The quilt you gave the doctor is gorgeous!! I would love to come to hubby's yard sale, but I'll be at Gwen's retreat, too! Your new house looks awfully cute, hope you're enjoying it.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Congrats on all your hard work. It DOES pay off, success does have it's "cost".

Your Shirt Tail quilt is beautiful, I love how it is quilted!

Enjoy your upcoming retreat and travelling...you sure are BUSY!

(pics showed for me Debbie)

Cathy said...

Hurray. Love your house. So glad you're done moving in. Enjoy.
Hugs

Wendy said...

Love your new home, we just moved also......(I hate moving !!!)
The quilt turned out so cool, I love it!!
Wendy

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Congratulations on your new home. It is great to start anew. That is a gorgeous quilt you made for your dr.

Teresa said...

Your new home is beautiful from the outside and will be equally beautiful on the inside once you get all the unpacking done. I know it is a lot of work, but must be exciting too.