Search This Blog

Monday, July 06, 2009

A little bit of Everything!

It's been another busy week here at Quiltgranny's Shoe. I am still working on client quilts and trying to keep up with the garden as well as the routine house stuff and normal things of running a house.

SewCalGirl asked for pictures of my cats on my quilts. Well, I'm not sure if this one is what you want to see or not (grin), but here is Bonnie and Clyde (and me) asleep on the wedding ring quilt that is on my bed right now. Between the cats and the quilt, I certainly need a fan blowing on me at night!

Some of you might remember this quilt from a previous Amazing Babes birthday quilt last year. Ibby made all the blades, and the Babes sewed them together. She cut so many of them, we all ended up with enough to do our OWN quilts! LOL! I don't think Ibby's quilt is completed yet, but mine is, and so is Shirlee's. Here is Shirlee with her version.
Yesterday I made some wonderful zucchini bread from Quiltville Bonnie's recipe she shared with me several years ago (follows this post). I also made Rachael Ray's Spring Pie for dinner, and I felt like Julia Child with the wine. Some for the pie and some for me to drink while I was cooking! The pie is scrumptious, made with chicken with the potatoes on top with boursin cheese smashed into them! There are two pans of everything I made, since I sent some home to my son's house, too. Notice that I am wearing my apron from Cambria, too!

Recipes

Bonnie’s Zucchini Bread

Ingredients:
• 4 eggs
• 1 1/2 cups white sugar
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 cup vegetable oil
• 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple, drained
• 2 cups grated zucchini
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

DIRECTIONS
1. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. In a large bowl, mix oil, eggs, vanilla, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Blend in pineapple and zucchini. Stir flour mixture into zucchini mixture. Pour batter into two greased and floured 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour. Cool on wire racks.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Great pictures, both the cats and you with that wonderful looking food. I could just take the negative exposure of your cat picture and have mine - they are both solid white cats and feel that if I lie down on the bed, they are duty bound to be there too right on top of me.