Search This Blog

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Bonsai, Toys and Tae Kwon Do

I delivered the Bonsai yesterday, and it will be revealed to it's new owner today. I am anxiously awaiting word on the recipients response to the gift.

When I was in Cambria, CA with my BFF's, I was introduced to the Toy Society. While we were there, my friend Wendy dropped a puppy at Moonstone beach, and actually got to see who took it home. So now, I've decided that this is something I can do while sitting with Hubby watching TV or waiting at ballgames and such. This first puppy was made from some of the felted wool we made in California. Right now, I am only making Scottie dogs with left over scraps of upholstery that have been on my quilt guild's "free table". So far, I've made one drop in a church parking lot, but I have two more almost ready to go. Check out the blog and see if you want to join in the fun!


One of the joys of being a grandparent is getting to see the young ones mature and gain confidence. The youngest of our grand girls, 10 year old Kaitlyn, has found something that really inspires her - Tae Kwon Do. She's been attending Ko's Black Belt Academy for a just short while now. She has asked to go at least 6 days a week because she enjoys it so much. Last week, she earned her Yellow Belt! They focus on self discipline, coordination, and focus. We're so proud of her!
Showing her form

Breaking the board

Receiving her yellow belt

No comments: