Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

15 Little Quiltlets

As you may recall, this project was started in the fall of 2007, using an idea we (15 quilters who blog)got from MayBritt at Abyquilt in Norway (Sept 2008) Mine is the eighth one down from the top (all batiks), and I couldn't be happier!

If anyone wants to adopt our steps (which were modified slightly from AbyQuilts), feel free to start a group and have fun. We sure did! And can you believe that not one quiltlet was lost or misplaced in these last 15 months? They finish at a nice little cubicle size/doll quilt size/quiltlet size of about 13" X 18".

Round 1: The owner of the RR makes the left top block/piece sized 4”x4”
Round 2: Add a piece 5”x4” besides the first piece
Round 3: Add a piece 9”x3” below the two first
Round 4: Add on the right side a piece 4”x7”
Round 5: Add two pieces below the others, 6”x4” and 7”x4”
Round 6: Add two pieces below the others, 10”x4” and 3”x4”
Round 7: Add at the bottom two pieces, 4”x3” and 9”x3”
Round 8: Appliqué something
Round 9: Embroider something
Round 10: Add batting and backing, and baste the little RR
Round 11: Write something on it by hand or by machine
Round 12: Quilt the whole RR by hand or by machine
Round 13: Add another appliqué
Round 14: Add embellishment (buttons, beads, laces, etc.)
Round 15: Add a sleeve and sew binding on the RR

We will be doing this again (with a few more modifications to the steps), and we'll probably start the next round in April or May. If you are interested in joining us, you must have a blog, and you will need to be able to stay committed to the project for 14-15 months. If you are interested, please send me an email with the header "I'd like to play!". I'll have a little questionaire for you to fill out. Once we know exactly how many more people can join the group, I will let you know whether you can play with us or not. If you can't, maybe the next time?
















11 comments:

floribunda said...

thanks Sharon -- of course I've seen all of these already, but it's wonderful to have this gallery. I think they're all terrific!

Ms. Jan said...

Fabulous! Thanks for posting them all Sharon, this was such a great group to work with!

Julie in the Barn said...

I love them all! What a wonderful variety. Could someone tell me the finished size? I know I could try doing the math with all the add this and add that directions but it makes my head hurt when I do arithmatic.

It sure sounds like a fun RR.

Karrin Hurd said...

Thanks for posting them all Sharon. It is great seeing them all together so easily.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Thanks for doing this, Sharon! They're wonderful, each and every one!

Juliann in WA said...

Sharon - thanks for posting all the quilts in one place. What fun! I had a lot of fun with this and was so impressed at how responsible everyone was about staying on track. It was an amazing group. Enjoy the next round. I will watch to see where you all go.

Renee said...

Thanks Sharon for sharing the pics and the instructions. I really like this version of the round robin, much less demanding than having to add a border on a piece, having to do the math to make sure your design fits, etc....

Jeanne said...

Great quilts! Thanks for sharing the finished pieces.

May Britt said...

How fun to see all the finished RR. I had such great fun participating when we had this RR and I guess you too also had a great time. And so many beautiful RR it became!!!!

Lynda said...

It's amazing how different each quilt has become. they all stay true to their original owner's theme. Wonderful!

Moira said...

Love all of the quilts Sharon.. I'd love to be in the next round if you've got an extra space for me!

Moira