Search This Blog

Monday, July 14, 2008

Hurry, hurry, hurry!

We are back from Mayo at Rochester, MN with great reports for Hubby. A little tweak here, another there, and he's good to go again. I made it to Mill End and I was able to get ALL the fabrics I needed for window treatments and chair upholstery for the new house, as well as some other fabrics at great prices to add to my stash. Have you all considered how every valuable our stashes are these days of ever increasing prices?

I also got to go the Minnesota State Quilt Guild's show which is held in Rochester every four years. In my opinion, it's one of the best!

Here's my favorite from the show - it just took my breath away!



I mostly took pictures of border treatment ideas. Here's something I really liked:

And the other part of the border looked like braid -
This was a funny little wall hanging to celebrate her retirement as a hairdresser. It was in honor of some of her clients. The next picture shows the 3-d rollers, and one of the ladies even has wrinkly hose on. What a hoot!


Not only the quilting but the simple border leaf pattern really made this quilt outstanding!


I loved the way the flowers repeated in the border.

A little bit of embroidery here and there around the applique made it look shadowed and special.

The hurry , hurry, hurry part of the post is because that seems to be my life since we returned. We are moving something to the new house everyday now, and I am hurrying to stay caught up with the packing, the unpacking, the cleaning, and the other things that always seem to pop up. Life is grand, but I sure wish I could slow the turntable down to about 33 rpm!

4 comments:

antique quilter said...

hopefully soon you can slow down and enjoy your new home.
Love the 30's quilt, any chance you got a picture of the whole quilt.
Never saw that pattern done in 30's before, I love it.
not sure I am up for trying scalloped border but it is perfect for this quilt.
The hairdresser quilt is so funny, thanks for sharing, very creative.
Kathie

Teresa said...

I think we would all like to slow down time a little. Great pictures of the quilts - thanks for sharing. I would like to try that scalloped border treatment sometime. I think it just looks perfect!

Cornfield Quilter said...

Thank you for the wonderful quilty eye candy! Loved them all. :D

Malagueta said...

Thanks for sharing the photos!!