In the meantime, as I was spinning my wheels, getting this house ready for the market I
|It's king size, which is unusual for that time period.|
I want this year to be the year of "slow cloth" as defined by Elaine Lipson. I plan on getting this tiop basted, then start the hand quilting journey with it through this year. Will you join me in slowing down and enjoying the journey? I've put Elaine's list of 10 qualities of Slow Cloth below my signature, but it can apply to just about anything you might "do", and I think it will enrich my daily life!
10 QUALITIES OF SLOW CLOTH,BY ELAINE LIPSON
- She defined Slow Cloth several years ago on her blog. Read the original post which is beautifully written. (Copyright Elaine Lipson 2007-2010; all rights reserved).
- JoySlow Cloth has the possibility of joy in the process. In other words, the journey matters as much as the destination.
- ContemplationSlow Cloth offers the quality of meditation or contemplation in the process.
- SkillSlow Cloth involves skill and has the possibility of mastery.
- DiversitySlow Cloth acknowledges the rich diversity and multicultural history of textile art.
- TeachingSlow Cloth honors its teachers and lineage even in its most contemporary expressions.
- MaterialsSlow Cloth is thoughtful in its use of materials and respects their source.
- QualitySlow Cloth artists, designers, crafters and artisans want to make things that last and are well-made.
- BeautyIt's in the eye of the beholder, yes, but it's in our nature to reach for beauty and create it where we can.
- CommunitySlow Cloth supports community by sharing knowledge and respecting relationships.
- ExpressionSlow Cloth is expressive of individuals and/or cultures. The human creative force is reflected and evident in the work.