Search This Blog

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Coming up for Air

I lifted my head the other day, and I realized it's the end of August! My gosh!!! We've finally gotten the majority of the move done, with the exception of the garden shed tools and garden pieces. We've finally had a few days here at the new house, and we quite enjoy it! Lots and lots to share since the last post!

I DID get to sew a bit, and completed this baby quilt set for a customer's second grandchild. The quilt, bag and changing pad all match. I used the "X-Block" tool, and it's a quick and easy quilt to do. I think there may be more of these in my future!


We planted our "crazy dog" garden here at the new house, minus Crazy Dog who needs some repair. This is the back edge of our 3 acre property where a small creek babbles by. I took a break, and Hubby caught me "loafing" and enjoying the blue birds coming by to take a peek at what was new in their neighborhood.

Today and I am frantically working on red/green sampler block type quilt for the LQS's Fall Crawl (as opposed to the Spring Shop Hop). I've got to have it finished by Tuesday to get it to the quilter in time for the crawl. AND, I am leaving for Michigan a week from tomorrow for a heavenly retreat with Gwen Marston in Michigan.

More about the local ant and the grasshopper and pictures of this current quilt in the next post!

3 comments:

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Wow! Have fun with Gwen, I love her books. And that's a really nice bag--I've got to make a bag or two soon.

Teresa said...

What a lovely bench you have, a place to ponder or just to sit and think of nothing at all.

jacquie said...

very cute quilt...you're going on a retreat with Gwen....how fun is that. you lucky girl, you!