I have been SO busy! This will be a four-letter-word post, so divert your ears now...I've been at W-O-R-K for the last 6 days! The LQS ladies all went to Florida for the week with their hubbies, so I got to be boss for the week. Not too bad, but all in all, I much prefer to be at home in my stewdio. So, I have a lot of catching up to do, don't I?
First of all, I am going to post my Bulls Eye quilt made from hubby's shirts for a new friend, Lois, who needs to see what this looks like completed.
For those of you who don't know the story, here it is:
My hubby got sick in 1998 and lost about 100 lbs. over several years of illness and recovery. He's a natty dresser and wouldn't admit that he couldn't/shouldn't be wearing his button down shirts that were too big. So, slowly, I removed them one at a time from his closet, never returning them. Of course, they ended up in my stewdio to be made into a quilt for him. Every week or so, he would call to me, "Honey, have you seen my blue plaid shirt?". When I gifted his quilt to him for Christmas, he was so excited! He said, "How wonderful! A quilt just for me?!! And it's plaid! It looks just li-k-e m..y p-la-id shirts???" If you look closely, you'll see that I added some other fabrics for interest - he really didn't wear musical notes or chickens on his plaid shirts!
Next catch up thing to attend to:
My friend, Karrin, tagged me a while ago to post 7 weird or random facts about myself. Here are the rules, but I will just let anyone else play along if they want.
1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.
1. I used to be a police sergeant a long time ago.
2. My favorite sandwich is peanut butter, mayonnaise and sugar on Wonder bread.
3. I can write with my feet.
4. When I was a child, I had a blind, one-legged rooster as a pet.
5. I have an extreme aversion to heights.
6. I still use Mentholatum to cure anything connected to a cold.
7. I can't carry a tune, but I love to sing (if no one can hear me.)
Next thing I've been tagged for by Carol E.
You're supposed to reach for the nearest book, turn to page 123, and type sentences 5, 6, and 7 into your blog. Once again, play along if this interests you.
The nearest book at hand near my computer is House Made of Dawn by N. Scott Momaday. A very difficult book to read, even if it was a Pulitzer prize winner. I am still contemplating why it won the prize. But, the exercise is interesting so here is my contribution.
"Transported so in the dim and dancing light among the shadows of her room, she seemed beyond the reach of time, as if age could not lay hold of her. But that was an illusion....."
And last, I've completed this year's sample for the new Crystals line for Fabri Quilt that will be used at spring market this year. As soon as the binding is on, I'll post it. I rather like the fabrics this year, so it was a snap to get it completed. Besides they only wanted one this year instead of two, and it couldn't be bigger than 30" - so what was hard about that, eh?