Search This Blog

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Two (of 6) 2007 Charity Quilts DONE!

I finally got the two quilts done (pieced), done (quilted), and done (bound) for January and February. I also have the March and April ones done, and waiting now for the inspiration for the second done to happen.

This blue/red/gold one is the last of the Carpenter's Star (or whatever it is) that will be done for Caritas.

We are going to use a Single Irish chain pattern for the 2007 quilts since it is quicker to piece and far quicker to quilt, too. I don't care much for the fabrics used in this quilt, but it IS bright and cheerful.

However, with that said, the next two (not shown yet) are NOT either one of these patterns LOL! I used the Minnesota Hot Dish, and discovered that I didn't care that much for my color choices and I knew I wouldn't like them any better by making them any larger. So, they will make great lap quilts in the necessary 45" X 60" sizes we need for the Clinic's purposes. Not only will I be making the March and April goals with these quilt tops, but also decreasing my UFOS. Such a deal! Once they are done and done, I'll post them, too.

When my friend Carolyn and I went to the Caritas fundraising auction, the I Spy Quilts sadly didn't generate much interest. So Carolyn won the bid on the pink one, and I won the bid on the blue one. Now, I don't have to make my little Stephen an I Spy quilt! Here he is inspecting HIS quilt!



Such is the life, isn't it? Nothing could be better than a spot in the sun, and a stack of quilts. Clyde thinks so!

11 comments:

Helen said...

Love the photos of Stephen inspecting his quilt. He is doing a really careful inspection isn't he?

Nellie's Needles said...

You've been busy!

Elaine Adair said...

Isn't that little Stephen cute! Checking out the pictures on that dear quilt. I am making an "I Spy" even as we speak, but didn't think of so clever of a setting.

Ms. Jan said...

Man! Talk about growing up, I can't believe how much of a "big boy" Stephen is!! Cute quilt, too!

Anonymous said...

Not only is Stephen darling, he is one lucky guy. I love the I Spy quilt.

Holly said...

"Done" is a very good feeling, isn't it? The I Spy is cheery and perfect for the little guy. Thanks for stopping by my place :)

SuBee said...

Both those pictures speak volumnes - too adorable, both of them!

Rachel said...

Wonderful pictures. You are a busy lady!! Love all the quilts.

Finn said...

Hi Sharon, wow..you've been busy!! What a neat quilt for Steven, anyone can see he loves it..*VBS*
And poor Clyde, all tired out from all your work. Hugs, Finn

Carol E. said...

Stephen is adorable, inspecting his quilt so carefully, and he just looks like such a huggable, sweet boy! I miss my little boy! Mine is 6'2" and age 20. I love him as a man, too, but sure miss the cutie he used to be. I digress.. I was thinking how the maker of this quilt would love to see how Stephen is looking it over so carefully.

YankeeQuilter said...

That is just what an I spy is supposed to do for a little guy! Love the photo and the quilt. I don't think he is sorry they didn't go well in the auction! Maybe that is how it was ment to be!